Christianity And Swinging.

Hello Everyone,
I am a 48 year old man married for 18 years and have not had SEX with my wife now for 25 months or 2 years and 1 month. I have only had SEX with my wife. We have probably gone over 8 years total without SEX if you add all of the times of no SEX for over 6 months together. I am curious about having extramarital SEX, but would find it difficult to make the initial plunge. Besides, I have never had the opportunity to have Sex outside of marriage. I have been to 4 different Naturist Resorts before, all as a Single Man, without my wife. She is not open to going, because she is a school teacher.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Phil.
PS. Please Feel free to PM or send FRIEND REQUESTS.

This topic was edited
RE: Christianity And Swinging.

I think you need to consider the deeper reasons your wife may not be interested. Fear of getting caught? Fear of sin? Dissatisfaction with her body? Fear of standing out? Fear of rejection? Fear of bad performance? If you love your wife, you owe it to her and yourself to attempt to figure this stuff out. Many on this site remind us to not push our wives, be supportive of their choices.Just my $0.02.

This post was edited
RE:Christianity And Swinging.

I know that this is a ten year old thread, but the topic is timely ...

Christians can be quite judgmental when it comes to sex. I am not Christian bashing because I myself am Christian. But I recognize unnecessary control when I see it. There are a lot of folks out there who equate sex with having kids ... and only having kids. How many Christians are opposed to masturbating? Sadly, plenty. And yet how is it that sex (or masturbation) is so pleasant? An orgasm is such a delight and has numerous health benefits (I'd give a lot to be a participant in those studies!!) A smart God would have given his creatures (aka humans) quite the gift by wisely placing so many nerve endings in so many strategic places.

Why can't a man love his wife and find sexual pleasure elsewhere ... so long as that love remains intact? There is an assumption that if I were married, and chose to have sex with a friend, then somehow my love for my wife would somehow be diluted ... as if I only have a finite capacity for sexual happiness. (You can interchange 'husband', 'wife', 'partner' throughout this rant ...).

Sex is pleasurable simply because it was designed that way (either by evolution for some, or by God for others ... it doesn't matter how sex became pleasurable. It is pleasurable. Some people get enjoyment from drinking beer, or going to a football game, or by watching a movie, or by listening to music. I get enjoyment having sex with guys. That is how I am wired. Others get that enjoyment by having sex with someone from the opposite sex. Great. Some get it from masturbating. Great.

Would I love my wife any less by going to watch the Ottawa Senators lose again? No. Or by watching a movie? No. So how would I love my wife any less by having sex with a guy?

I'll get off my soapbox now ...

This post was edited