make comments to me and they have no cam in return. There is NOT a rule
saying that a user does NOT have the right to block another user. It is a
feature on the website so it IS allowed. For those rude people who send
messages and "flag" my profile because you are blocked, it is not going
to change the way I chat. I will still block you because I AM allowed
to do so :) Have a great day!!

This topic was edited
RE: Cams in Chat

Well said,I haven't been into chat room for awhile, got sick of getting messages from guys asking me to stroke and cum for them ( and I am not one of the handsome, well hung guys) and this is from guys who have no cam( at least not on)

This post was edited

I still have people insisting that it is against the rules to block them. It is not anywhere in the rules. If it were against the rules they would not give us the option :)

This post was edited

I understand what you are saying about not blocking people but it IS an option. Therefore we have the right to use it at our discretion. If I were at a nude beach and someone was watching me and I didnt like it because they made me feel uncomfortable or whatever then I have the right to cover up or move to a different part of the beach. So because I chose to be on cam does not mean I have to let anyone watch me that wants to. So I chose who I let watch me and I will continue to.

This post was edited

Hi, So i gather from this thread that the chat is fixed??? I have not been able to connect for weeks now. I keep getting "connection failed". Is there some patch or fix i need to install? Thanks

This post was edited

I personally have never blocked anyone... but one of my pet peeves while camming is someone without a camera sending me a private message saying..."show me your (euphamism)" and when I don't send me a message back saying "You're a Jerk"???? really? Maybe I should start blocking folks like that... our account was recently flagged, was probably one of those guys...

This post was edited

I may have a somewhat different take on this...There IS a line in the chat rules (3. If you do not want to be seen on your cam. Do not use it.) which some interpret to mean that if you are "on" you are not supposed to block people. The problem is that it is up to interpretation.My philosophy is that turning on my cam in the public room is like walking onto a nude beach. It's a public space, so as far as I'm concerned anyone can look. But like going on to a public beach, I wouldn't turn to a guy sitting under an umbrella, covered in a towel and wearing a big floppy hat and say, "Sorry, you can't look at me, since I can't see you." Or, tell one person he can look but another person he can't. To me, that is the purpose of the private chats -- if you want to control who does or doesn't see you, then go private, instead of hanging out in public.I had the experience of having someone watch me several times -- never said anything, just watched, which was fine with me. However, one day he turned on his own cam and I went to look... and he blocked me from viewing. Oooo, not fair play! I sent him a note about it and he was very nice and apologetic. For some reason, when members of TN (and not TS only which I am) go to look up my profile, it shows "user not found" and my profile appears blank, which may also have something to do with using Internet Explorer... but that's a whole other issue. He didn't recognize me, saw I came up blank and so blocked me. That seemed a good reason not to block -- you might be blocking someone you have previously viewed.It's a whole different story about how guys respond to viewing me in chat. Most never say a word, some are polite and initiate really interesting conversations, which is mainly what I am in chat for. Then there are the guys who think I am a naked puppet -- "Stand up!," "Turn around!," "Show me this and that!" I'm not there to meet personal requests in the public room -- I think they forget or don't realize that they may not be the only person watching -- and I tell them so. If I'm feeling polite I say, "I'm sorry, but I'm not taking requests at this time." If I'm not feeling quite so polite I tell them, "Sorry, but only Steven Spielberg gets to direct me." Usually that makes them cool their jets. And if they are really persistent I tell them, "Quick, go look at so-and-so and what he's doing!" Like dogs to a bone(r), that turns their scent to another trail. Point is, I have never had to block anyone -- so far -- and haven't had a pissy response when I give a polite "no."

This post was edited

I agree.Just joined this site, but have been on another with the same set up.Many complain about women not camping, not responding, should be made to show photos and if they don't cam they must be men,
Get over it.
What a great way to get to know someone:
If you don't turn your cam on you're a fake.
I don't mid what I watch or who watches me. No one forces you to connect.
the only thing that annoys m is poor camera angles.

This post was edited

I think that everybody should have their cams on on the chat room as a rule, and yes you can block anybody from viewing for any personal reason.

This post was edited

If you're a straight guy who only blocks gay guys from viewing you, I have some news for you... all those uncertified "women" viewing you are most likely men.

This post was edited

I think it boils down to common courtesy. When people have the ability to be anonymous, they behave in ways they may not normal use. I must point out that I do advocate anonymous users in general, however.

This post was edited