WNBR 2024

I am starting to put together my 2024 WNBR schedule. As of right now most of the rides have not announced their dates yet. So far Toronto on June 8 is the only one I have a firm date for. I hope to do Buffalo on an annual basis depending on when it will be since I have family in Western NY and friends in Central NY that I visit every summer. Houston is usually in early to mid September, so I hope to do that one too. I try to do new ones every year vs. repeats of previous rides, but if Columbus and/ or Montreal are within a week of Buffalo, and Austin is within a week of Houston, I may do them again since I really enjoyed both rides since I would be within a few hours drive of them

This topic was edited
RE:WNBR 2024

I have learned the Vermont, Montpelier ride is scheduled for June 8th, 2024.

This post was edited

I may do that ride next year. It sounds nice, but I am already scheduled for Toronto on June 8. I wish these northern rides would be scheduled later in the summer.In early June, it could be in the 80's or it could be in the 50's. I heard about a place called The Ledges in Vermont. Would be nice to visit, but I am sure the water would be real cold in early June.

This post was edited

Im sure it would be!

This post was edited

I will be doing the Toronto ride as my first WNBR of 2024 on June 8. it is less than 1 week1 week until the ride and looking at the 10 day forecast, it looks like Saturday, June 8, the day of the ride will be the coolest day in the 10 day span with high temps in the 62-65 range. While that may be comfortable for the locals, that is January weather where I live. I guess I will have to tough it out. It looks like 2 days before and 2 days after the ride it will be in the 70's Hopefully it won't be windy and rainy like Montreal was for the 2019 ride. I hear that after the ride, people meet at Hanlin's Point, the nude beach. If it was in the mid to upper 70's to low 80's that might be enjoyable even though the water would be way too cold to go in, but mid 60's would not be that enjoyable. I still have not finalized my exact schedule. I do know I will be arriving in Buffalo on Tuesday 6/11 and will probably drive to Toronto on Saturday morning and spend the night there. I may go up a day or 2 earlier though. That is still up in the air
Admittedly the weather is the main reason I have not done the Toronto ride rather choosing warmer places like New Orleans and Austin, TX, but have to check this one off the list. I just wish they would do it later in the summer when it is warmer

This post was edited