It looks like we may finally get a nice beach day this weekend

It seems like the past month and a half, anytime we get a day near 80 it is either cloudy,rainy, very windy or a combination of those. Several times there would be a nice beach day in the extended forecast only to see the forecast deteriorate as that day approached. I have been to Blind Creek once since Late November. That was a couple weeks ago and it was not an ideal beach day, partly to mostly cloudy and upper 70's. This Friday and Saturday are supposed to be partly to mostly sunny and low 80's. If it holds out, I will be at Blind Creek Saturday, and maybe Friday too. I will be set up at my usual place, north of the main entrance near the observation tower

This topic was edited
RE:It looks like we may finally get a nice beach day this weekend

Sunday suppose to be mid 80's we may venture up there as it's been a while

This post was edited

It looks like a front may be moving in sometime Sunday depending on what forecast you look at. Either way, it looks like the winds may kick up a bit. If Sunday turns out nice, I may go then too.

This post was edited

I got there around 10:30 on Saturday. The lot was already about 90-95% full. I did manage to find a spot near the trails by the dumpster. It was about 50/50 clouds and sun and in the mid 70's. I got to the beach in my usual spot on the northern end near the tower and set up my umbrella. I did not keep it up long since it was quite windy. 17mph with 22 mph gusts according to my weather app. No one was in the water since it was so rough and because the winds were out of the Southeast there was a high risk of rip currents. After about 2-1/2 hours, I decided I had enough. Since it was mid November since I was out in the sun nude, I am the whitest I have been in 23 years and was starting to get a bit red. When I left shortly after 1PM, the parking lot was full with about 30-40 cars parked on the side of A1A. This winter has really sucked as far as beach weather goes.

This post was edited

i've never been to blind creek on my bucket list but may drop down after i hit apollo in april

This post was edited