Undetectable

Would you practice BB with someone you knew was Poz if he took his meds and was undetectable?

This topic was edited
RE: Undetectable

I wouldn't bare back with a poz man or woman just as a precaution, not trying to be guilty of discrimination. I have always heard "better to be safe than sorry" and this is a situation where I would apply that saying to my life. It is of course risky to bare back since the guy could be lying that he is clean or he isn't aware yet that he is positive, but if the guy is truthful that he is poz, then I wouldn't personally bare back and hope that guys that I do choose to bare back with will be honest with me that they bare backed with a poz guy so that I have a chance to choose if I'm going to be more careful.

This post was edited

Absolutely. I have no problems with, and regularly play with poz men and women. It doesn't matter to me if they're taking meds or not, I'll gladly BB any hole!

This post was edited

Absolutely. I have no problems with, and regularly play with poz men and women. It doesn't matter to me if they're taking meds or not, I'll gladly BB any hole!I agree. Im with you on this and have never turned down sex with any of my poz friends. Or even new strangers ive met too that have told me. Im cool with it.

This post was edited

Absolutely. I have no problems with, and regularly play with poz men and women. It doesn't matter to me if they're taking meds or not, I'll gladly BB any hole!I agree. Im with you on this and have never turned down sex with any of my poz friends. Or even new strangers ive met too that have told me. Im cool with it.
I agree too. Condom must be forbidden

This post was edited

I am totally in agreement that barebacking with poz and neg shouldn't be a topic of discussion. I bareback with all and I always will.

This post was edited

There's so much research showing that Poz undetectable is the safest form of prevention. It's almost impossible to transmit the virus. I just started on PrEP...which also makes it virtually impossible to contract the virus. If more folks would get tested and know their status, we could greatly reduce the risk and fear of HIV. Other STIs are still possible...but, the there's no reason for there to be stigma around HIV.Agreed. If I know the guy and I know he is telling the truth about his status and that he is taking his meds regularly. I have no problem Barebacking with him. And soon I also hope to be on Prep so that will cut the risk down a lot. It's the guys who say the don't know or don't care that I tend to avoid. Not just because they could be spreading HIV, but because they don't care enough to check regularly. There is a greater chance of getting it from guys like that than guys who know they have it.

This post was edited

I knew my ex was poz when we met, I refused to let him use a rubber on me even though I was neg at the time, bb is the only way for me.

This post was edited

I am in agreement with you again. I would have sex with anyone regardless of their status. I may inquire about HepC but otherwise, I dont care. Sex is meant to feel good and suppressing or omitting the pleasure you would derive from your orgasm due to a rubber sheath prevents me from practicing safe sex thru condoms. If a person is concerned about contracting the virus, speak with your Dr. or go see an Infectious Disease Dr. and start on a PREP regimen. Its making sex pleasurable again (mentally for the bottom and physically for the top).

This post was edited
RE:Undetectable

If I'm reading this right I'm seeing a few folks who don't care about the status of the person they have sex with or actively seek out those with HIV.

Aren't you worried?

This post was edited

Your choice. But this is exactly how to get HIV. There is ONE group only that is scientifically proven to have zero risk of transmission. That is undetectable poz. There is no virus present in semen or blood. Antibodies yes. But those don't cause HIV. The virus is hidden and walled up beyond the bloodstream in the lymph. Unless you are extracting and injecting lymph using a syringe (why?) You cannot get HIV that isn't there. Guys on Prep fall into the almost exactly as safe class. But if they are super non compliant and very active maybe. There are no statistically valid cases yet. It works. The last group is neg. Neg is only as good as your last test. If you fucked since, you cannot know. It's based on trusting whatever you were told. People lie or dont know. Since you are barebacking you are taking risks and the system used to establish safety rests on someone's word. When we know it's nearly impossible for a person to know they are neg because they don't test before each fuck. I'm responsible. I take meds. I inform my partners always. I cannot transmit. I'm not begging for bb with anyone and most certainly not guys who bb but claim they are neg because it's usually a lie of omission or ignorance. Too much risk for me

This post was edited