What Constitutes a Friend?

I'd like my "friend" list to actually reflect people who have an interest in me and people that I want to be friends with as well. It seems a lot of people request to be friends and then are never heard from again. What tips and tricks do you have to figure out who is and who isn't really a friend on here?

This topic was edited
RE:What Constitutes a Friend?

I'm less fussed, but I prefer to see a profile with some activity. Since I'm posting rather than chatting, I accept that some that appear quiet may want to follow me to get my activity to appear in their timeline, and on the rare occasion I friend others, it's for the same reason. I'm not collecting friends for the sake of it and haven't thought to check the list, either here or at TN. But I'll scroll back through my timeline to see what's been happening.

This post was edited

My method would be (not in that order)
- review the profile
- accept as friend if it's certified & in regular contact (ie. Chatting)
- "SPRING CLEANING" regularly for any unattended profile or peoples who does bother to chat back

This post was edited

I don't accept the friend request unless we exchange some messages as well.

This post was edited

I don't accept a friend request till-
We have chatted a few times.
The other person has a filled-out profile.
Site that is Private!

This post was edited

I appreciate the responses, but it seems most people are talking about how you initially decided to include someone on your friend list. My interest is how do you figure out whether or not to keep them on there? After the initial contact, the exchange in chat, and the pics that all seem like a great connection, what happens when after you have become "friends" there is no contact at all? Do you keep those on your friend list or do you eliminate them? Most recently, I've been going through my list and anyone who hasn't been on the site in the past two months is unfriended since I figure they aren't even active on the site.

This post was edited

I have not even checked my "friend list" (guess I should). I do remember who I've chatted with. Especially, like with you, it's been a fun, sexy, horny chat on cam. I plan on keeping you on my list but will probably remove a bunch of others.

This post was edited

Someone requests to be a friend, and since he was a 'friend' when I was under a different account, so I accepted it. When he was in the chatroom, I said hello and other greetings a couple of times, and he never responds. So I unfriended him, then after a while he sends me a friend request. WTF??

This post was edited

I tend to not take the "friend" designation maybe as seriously as others on here. I ask someone to be my friend if I see a picture of theirs that I like or something in their profile that interests me. If they accept, I like to be kept current on what they are posting. I fully understand that some post a lot, some a little, but I don't hold them up to some standard that they have to meet in order to remain my friend. I have a lot of information about myself on my profile so I assume that when people accept my request or ask me to be their friend, they have seen something they like or are interested in. Nothing more than that. In any event, nothing to take too seriously.

This post was edited

Yeah, I would be confused by that, too!

This post was edited

That's a good perspective. In other words, you are using it as a form of bookmarking to identify members you have an interest in. Part of my problem is that I'm just getting damn old and forgetful. I recently had someone private message me that they enjoyed chatting with me a few months ago and wanted to know if we could continue. I'm thinking, great, now what the hell did we chat about? Some websites offer the opportunity to make private notes on people's profiles that only you can see, so you can write little reminders to jog your memory. Otherwise, it's hard to tell one dick from another!

This post was edited